Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
Charming has a number of lonely plots looking for love. Why not take a gander and see what hijinks your character can get up to? — Kayte ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

Wallace Bixby for Sloane Bixby.
...tfw your little sister makes the house team before you do.
He has touched my ankle and seen me with my hair down (not intentionally, of course!), so I'm pretty sure I already know what it feels like to be married.Helga Scamander in Helga's Boy Book
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
Complete seven threads where your character displays each of the Seven Deadly Sins — Pride, Lust, Sloth, Envy, Wrath, Gluttony, and Greed!
>
<

I Wanna Be Your End Game
Truth be told, Myles had been courting old Mr. Wyndham with as much diligence as he had his daughter. So moments like this, when Bianca had drawn him away to the gardens so they might be a little more intimate with each other? Wasted time.

Though occasionally he would admit he found himself slightly pleased by her persistent championing of him, even if it often came on thick and honey-sweet, with that whiff of a debutante’s cloying desperation. But tonight... tonight it might even be needed; he was feeling much maligned.

And she had hit on the issue without meaning to; or perhaps she was more astute than he gave her credit for. (Probably the former. She was hardly a dullard, but all women were self-centred creatures.)

“I am not,” Myles said, carefully confining his rancour to his chest, and pretending he could brush off such a slight. “My department is still pursuing other avenues, and my superiors -” maybe his nostrils flared a moment at that word, while there was no one worthwhile here to see it; “- think I am best placed to undertake that work from outside the fog.” At the fringes. He would have fewer superiors if the assistant head title had not been thrown away on Zabini at this very moment; if the position had been his, he might have made a name for himself out of this, might have gained some glory for navigating them out of the crisis. But no, his colleagues needed someone to do the grunt work, which meant he was stuck out here, having to attend parties and make nice with Miss Wyndham in the meantime. Dear Miss Wyndham, if she had her way.

He pretended not to have felt the brush of her hand against his, but he did grant her a pointed glance, almost amused. “Why, would you worry about me were I gone?”
[-] The following 1 user Likes Myles Warrington's post:
   Bianca Warrington

Messages In This Thread
I Wanna Be Your End Game - by Bianca Warrington - September 4, 2020 – 2:20 PM
RE: I Wanna Be Your End Game - by Myles Warrington - September 4, 2020 – 11:54 PM
RE: I Wanna Be Your End Game - by Bianca Warrington - September 8, 2020 – 11:50 AM
RE: I Wanna Be Your End Game - by Myles Warrington - September 28, 2020 – 10:45 PM
RE: I Wanna Be Your End Game - by Bianca Warrington - October 17, 2020 – 8:33 PM
RE: I Wanna Be Your End Game - by Myles Warrington - October 29, 2020 – 12:05 AM