Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
'til old satan stands impressed
Had Agrimony known that tackling Foxwood was going to earn him a good few seconds without air supply, he’d have thought a little bit longer before he did it. As it was, he could only grunt in pain and listen as the rustle of batwings told him he’d missed his chance. He swore under his breath. “Well that worked out splendidly.” He muttered, grunting again, feeling the stab of something else around his chest. Sweet Merlin, the boy had held onto the book like his life depended upon it. So instead of accepting his gratitude, Agrimony scowled down at him, supporting his own weight now by placing his hands on either side of Foxwood’s head. “Did you have to take the book with you?”

[Image: xVmxReq.png]
Macnair’s quite little swear did something in Basil’s gut. The Ravenclaw tried not to think about it, embarrassed as he already was, but the flutter of doxy wings against his intestines was hard to ignore. A rosiness tinged his cheeks that made him want to frown and Basil held back a rude retort. He suddenly felt like he couldn’t breathe again as both of Agrimony’s hands settled on either side of his head. He was boxed in and the stupid Slytherin smelled good.

“I-I was on my way back from the library!” He managed to protest. "What was I supposed to do?!" Basil couldn’t well leave the book behind… that would have been silly. If he’d left it in the hallway at the castle someone would have found it and then there would be no denying he was out of bed past curfew. Though at this point, Basil was sure they’d be caught anyway. Or at least he hoped so. Anything to get him out of this suddenly uncomfortable situation that he wasn’t at all sure what to do with! For some reason, the thought to heave the other off did not even occur.

Agrimony Macnair & this time it's more relevant right? <3 muse song

Whatever he’d expected Basil to retort, it wasn’t that. And then, for all his attempts to be quiet, Agrimony burst out laughing. The look on Foxwood’s face was so incredibly and completely serious that Agrimony felt he really had no choice except to start laughing at the complete insanity of it all. It was in that moment that he knew books would eventually be the death of the Ravenclaw, one way or another. “Are — you really are serious, aren’t you?” Agrimony wheezed, unable to keep himself propped up for long, and yet finding himself unable to move much further. “My god, Foxwood, it’s a book!”

Agrimony’s laughter tickled some small part of Basil’s brain that was still on the fritz. Gazing up into the Slytherin’s handsome face, exasperated and embarrassed as he was, Basil didn’t know what to do. His heart was beating erratically in his chest, likely hard enough for Macnair to feel it through their multiple layers of clothing like the pulse of a too-loud symphony. “O-of course I’m serious!” He hated how flustered his voice sounded.

Deciding to turn the tables a bit in an attempt to regain footing, Basil huffed playfully. “In fact, I am appalled and offended by that statement,” he hummed. Then, with a right heave, he rolled the younger Slytherin into the dirt so that Macnair was now on his back, the Ravenclaw hovering just a mouse length above his face. “Books are vessels of knowledge and learning, and by proxy, some of the most important artifacts in the world.” If grey hues flickered to Agrimony’s mouth and back up again, he didn’t comment, instead smirking. “I’m surprised you of all people would forget that.”

Agrimony Macnair anddddddd kiss .//squishes faces

It was hard for Agrimony to stay completely still like this; his arms were already starting to ache from propping himself up, but he was already too preoccupied laughing to care too much. Somewhere over the roars of his laughter he heard Foxwood’s spluttered response. It really only made him laugh harder. That is, until the world was suddenly spinning and he ended up flat on his back. Air was pushed from his lungs, and Agrimony found himself staring up in to eyes that seemed to catch the moonlight as they stared down at him.

It was unexpected; frankly he hadn’t thought that Foxwood had it in him to retaliate in such a way. Perhaps the Ravenclaw’s tie wasn’t tied as tight as Agrimony originally thought. “I didn’t forget.” He snapped, his eyes flashing as an unrecognizable feeling rose in his chest like a flame. “I just prefer the one step you’re forgetting.” Inspired by his most recent thought, Agrimony reached up to seize Foxwood’s tie. “Application.”

He tugged hard to pitch Foxwood forward, then slammed a hand into the crook of his arm to make it bend, using the momentum to roll to the side. His heartbeat roared in his ears as triumph surged through him at gaining the upper hand against Foxwood. “You might want to focus on that more than reading, Foxwood.” He said as he hovered over the Ravenclaw in the exact same position he’d once been in.

Gazing down into Macnair’s face and watching as a flash of something flickered across those pale blue eyes, Basil felt a wave of satisfaction rumble within. It wasn’t like him to take command of a situation unless things were dire or he was entirely at ease but this… this was different. There was something to this moment, something he was trying to decipher, that spurred an instinct within the Ravenclaw.

Macnair’s hot-headed little retort only made Basil smirk harder even as a hand grabbed him by the navy striped necktie and tugged them closer. The action tore through him a match had been struck against his spine and grey eyes narrowed. They held a challenge Basil couldn’t vocalize as that big brain jumped hurdles trying to process what the other was saying. Before he could manage, the Ravenclaw found himself belly-up again and winded as he hit the dirt with a thud.

Wincing, but refusing to back down, Basil growled a small sound in the back of his throat. “Are you challenging your senior’s position?” He teased. One hand came up to wrap around Agrimony’s, still holding his tie. Basil had intended to pry the other’s fingers off and release himself, but didn’t quite manage it. “Remember little Slytherin,” he whispered instead. “I’ve a whole year on you. A whole year of application and experience.”

Foxwood’s hand over his own burned Agrimony’s as if he’d scalded him, but the flash of stubbornness that he saw in the Ravenclaw’s eyes made him smirk. That’s what he was looking for. And yet, Agrimony still felt he had the upper hand, but he let Foxwood go on as satisfaction curled in his stomach. He could feel the other’s fingers grope for any weakness in his grip, but Agrimony only held on to the thin piece of silk even tighter.

A whole year of application and experience.

And somehow, Agrimony wasn’t convinced. “Then act like it, Basil.” He returned, his voice quiet. “From where I’m standing, there was only one of us who willingly came into the forest tonight, wasn’t there?” Another smirk. “The other simply followed. You’ve only got a year on me? Then prove it.”

Basil. Just the sound of that pretty, monotone voice wrapping around his first name like honey poured over toast seemed to twist a knot into the Ravenclaw’s lower abdomen.

For a moment, Basil felt the impulsive urge to close every last fraction of space between them as Macnair’s blue gaze flickered over him in challenge. It was a ludicrous thought, one that could have him thoroughly expelled if he dared to think too hard about it, and yet that stubbornness in the Slytherin’s visage only made the knot in his stomach tighten. Basil hadn’t ever felt quite like this before. At least, not this fiery urge to prove someone so wrong about him they had to swallow their words.

“And how do you propose I do that?”
He retorted, voice pitching with the confrontation. “I could transfigure you into a toad and hand you around the sixth year class so all the girls can try and turn you back into a prince.”

'Oh wait—' his raised eyebrow of an expression seemed to say. There was nothing quite princely about Mcnair to begin with, making the jab a bit harsh. But Basil was starting to feel quite hot under the collar now, feet pressed thoroughly to the fire. If Mcnair didn’t back off soon, he wasn’t sure he could be held responsible for what he might do.

It may have been quick, but Agrimony saw it. The same fire in Foxwood’s eyes that match the fire currently coursing through his veins. Agrimony smirked again as he watched him try and come up with a rebuttal. The Ravenclaw might seem rigid and proper all the time but something told Agrimony that there was more to it, though his retort left a bit to be desired.

He arched an eyebrow. “A prince?” He leaned in close, another smile curling at his lips. “Why Foxwood, you couldn’t have called me a nicer name.” He only vaguely recalled the muggle story that Foxwood was referring to, but he latched onto it all the same. “Are you sure you’re not the one who wants to try?”

The following 1 user Likes Agrimony Macnair's post:
   Basil Foxwood

He hadn’t been looking for an opening. Truly, he hadn’t. But if ever there was one, Macnair had just about flung the door open between them for him to walk through without any repercussions. Basil felt frustration fueling the fire in his gut as grey hues flickered over that familiar, perfectly smooth Slytherin face. He could have snapped back, teeth gnashing and forced Macnair to let him go. He could have grabbed a hold of his wand and sent the other flying. He could have done a lot of things. But in the end, Basil didn’t.

In the end, he did the one thing he knew Macnair would expect the least.

Ducking his head, eyes flickering closed, Basil pressed a bruising kiss to the Slytherin’s lips. He didn’t linger like he so desperately wanted to. (The mere shock of kissing Macnair was enough already to nearly force his wits from him.) No, Basil was strategic as he took every fraction of a second he had allotted before the other heaved him off and shot some kind of curse at his head. Tongue swiping over the Slytherin’s bottom lip, he pulled it between his teeth and bit down, hard.

Then, sucking on the injury just enough so that Macnair would realize there were no truly hard feelings between them, Basil smirked and pulled back. He gave a soft hum and tilted his head. “Hm, not all it’s cracked up to be I’m afraid.”

Agrimony Macnair >>; I don't know who this is or what they did with Basil

Truly he couldn’t be shocked that it happened, not when he’d just been taunting Foxwood. But he still almost jerked backwards as Foxwood’s lips came crashing onto his and then Foxwood fucking bit him like a damned animal. This wasn’t something that had happened before, and frankly Agrimony had no idea what to do with himself other than give into his knee jerk reaction and surge upwards to put as much distance between them as he could.

“Well, well, that was an unexpected turn.” He drawled, taking the back of his hand and smearing it across his face as he walked away. “I didn’t think you had it in you. At least you followed through.”

Kissing Mcnair was probably the stupidest, most un-Basil-like thing he could have possibly done. It was more than stupid, it was downright dangerous, and yet Basil couldn’t quite bring himself to regret it. Heart thundering in his ribcage, there was a flush of irritation crawling across his cheeks even as Mcnair jerked away. (Evidently this was not something the little Slytherin had appreciated. Duly noted.)

But even as Agrimony retreated as far away from him as possible, Basil just lay there letting his breath waft and tangle into the ether. The ground was cold as he sank into it, fog creeping into his bones. He was incredibly aggravated, not appeased in the least by the blasé, devil-may-care attitude Mcnair put up. But he was spent. That was it. There was no more effort to be had. Let bloody Macnair live his life how he pleased; Basil was done for trying to be involved.

View a Printable Version